DUE LATI E UN PUNTO DI DOMANDA IN MEZZO e più in basso un terzo lato
Da un lato c'è Tammy Duckworth (ha perso due gambe e quasi un braccio in IRAQ), which tells Mario Calabresi in "LUCK THERE": "I have never supported this gguerra (invading Iraq), privately thought that the invasion of Iraq was the worst example of American imperialism. I am one scholar, before leaving I had finished my doctorate in political science, but since the university is also a National Guard reservist. The truth is that I wanted to go to Afghanistan, to participate in the hunt for Osama bin Laden. I wanted to do that. I was convinced that the war in Iraq was at best stupid and at worst a horribly reckless att. But it was my personal opinion and my country had democratically elected George Bush and my country said that this was a lawful decision by the president. And the U.S. Senate said yes, he voted for the war, and even though I did not agree that my men did not want to go there without me. I did not want to be the only officer who stayed at home and greeted them. "So on the one hand there T. Duckworth, on the other hand there is the nobility of conscientious objection, refusal to obey an unjust order . And in between there is a question mark. then sadly there is also a third side, lower, much lower, for those who love their country when it is useful to conscientious objection and makes a command or secndo convenience (who knows that country belongs to this third hand?)
0 comments:
Post a Comment